M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
301 4th St - Covington IN 47932
Elections and Voter Registration
Welcome to the Fountain County Office of Voter Registration website. Here are some suggestions to make it as easy as possible for you to participate in the election process:
REQUIREMENTS TO VOTE
- You are a Citizen of the United States;
- You will be 18 years of age by the time of the next general election;
- You will have been a resident of your precinct for 30 days before the election
- You are not currently in prison after being convicted of a crime.
As of July 1st, 2001, anyone wishing to vote MUST give their 10 digit Indiana Driver's License number or a state issued ID number. If you do not have an Indiana Driver's License, you may give the last four digits of your social security number.
DEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES
- Oct 20, 2016 First day a confined voter, a voter caring for a confined person at a private residence, or a voter
- with disabilities may vote an absentee ballot before an absentee voter board at the voter's
- residence or place of confinement.
- Oct 29, 2016 Clerk's Office will be open for Absentee Voting 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Oct 31, 2016 Deadline for the Clerk's Office to receive an absentee ballot application to vote by mail.
- Nov 5, 2016 Clerk's Office will be open for Absentee Voting 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Nov 8, 2016 GENERAL ELECTION DAY