M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
301 4th St - Covington IN 47932
Elections and Voter Registration
Welcome to the Fountain County Office of Voter Registration website. Here are some suggestions to make it as easy as possible for you to participate in the election process:
REQUIREMENTS TO VOTE
- You are a Citizen of the United States;
- You will be 18 years of age by the time of the next general election;
- You will have been a resident of your precinct for 30 days before the election
- You are not currently in prison after being convicted of a crime.
As of July 1st, 2001, anyone wishing to vote MUST give their 10 digit Indiana Driver's License number or a state issued ID number. If you do not have an Indiana Driver's License, you may give the last four digits of your social security number.
DEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES
- Jan 10, 2018 First day a declaration of candidacy for a major political party primary nomination may be filed, an independent or minor party candidate to file a petition of nomination for the general election, and for anyone wanting to file as a write-in candidate for the general election.
- Jan 17, 2018 Deadline, by NOON, all committees, legislative caucus committees and political action committees to file annual campaign finance reports for 2017.
- Feb 9, 2018 Deadline, by NOON, for major party candidates to file declaration of candidacy for the primary election.
Feb 12, 2018 Deadline, by NOON, to file a withdrawal of candidacy for the primary election.