M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
301 4th St - Covington IN 47932
The Fountain County Board of Commissioners serves as the executive and legislative authority for the county. The Board's statutory duties include:
- Supervision of the County Highway system;
- Construction and maintenance of County bridges;
- Management of all County property;
- Auditing and authorizing claims;
- Receiving bids and authorizing County contracts;
- Exercising appointments to boards, commissions, committees, and certain department heads;
- Supervision of County building regulations;
- Management of County information technology system;
- Supervision of County economic development;
- Liaison to all County officeholders.
The County Commissioners meet on the 1st Monday of each month at 8:30 a.m. and the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Commissioners room at the Courthouse.
Fountain County Commissioners
Craig Stalter - President
2146 N 160 W.
Covington IN 47932
Don Hesler - Vice President
856 N. Sandhill Rd
Covington, IN 47932
Tim Shumaker - Secretary
314 N. Newlin St.
Veedersburg IN 47987
Teryl D. Martin
P.O. Box 208
District 1: Craig Stalter District 2: Don Hesler District 3: Tim Shumaker
Logan 1, 2, & 3 Troy 1, 2, & 3 VanBuren 1, 2 & 3
Shawnee Fulton Jackson
Millcreek Richland 1 & 2